From Google search: “Gandy dancer was a slang term for a railroad worker in the United States. The term was used to describe section gangs, which were groups of railroad men who laid and maintained railroad tracks.”
Will start learn this song soon.
Yesterday brought my 19 guitars up from basement storage, maybe will start with my Fender Stratocaster.
This is in key of D (at least chord shape, sometimes drop a half step, strings are looser and guitar is easier to play), the best key for guitar, The Byrds mostly played in D.
This song has pull-offs, hammer-ons, bends, open notes, everything.
This video has tabs so should be easy to learn and play, mostly in the second position - if I take my time, play a little slower, concentrate more, and attack the guitar harder.
The Ventures and The Byrds were my favorite groups when I was a teenager.
Once Bob Bogle of the Ventures was asked by someone how he should start learning Ventures songs, he said "get a (Fender) Jazzmaster." That's the guitar this guy is using.
Gandy Dancer (Ventures cover)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog